Monday, May 26, 2008

J-culure4"sumou"

Do you watch Sumoum? I sometimes watch it. It is one of the national sport of Japan. It has been enjoyed by many people for a long time. There are a few rules to play Sumou.
First of all, it needs two players ,a judge and a place formed circle.
They play it in the circle. If a part of body goes out of the circle or touches the ground, you lose.
Secondly, they are not allowed to wear the cloth except special uniform because if they wear something, it might be dangerous or obstacle during game.
I used to play Sumou with my friends or my brother at beach . We lined the circle on the sand. It was very exciting and fun. I experienced that I had to pay attention to the other player because of the width of the circle. It is very narrow. So, It is decided which player win in a moment.
Recently, I often watch the foreign player on TV. For example., Asasyoryu is a good example. He is Mongol ,but he has got many praise in Japan more than Japanese. I am very glad that many foreigners watch or play and feel Japanese culture, but I am anxiety about future of Sumou. Near future, I think most Japanese cannot win the game against foreigner because foreigners seem to be more powerful than Japanese.

3 comments:

Natsuki said...

Ha ha! Let's play sumou with me!!

I'm very worried about the future of Sumou. I hope to win Japanese player much more.

Mami said...

I learned something new from your blog. I have never watched the sumou on TV but I would like to try to watrch one time!!

puja said...

I can play Sumo. I can be the strongest player of Sumo if I hope.