Monday, May 12, 2008

J-culture3"castle"

Have you ever seen a real castle, not on paper or on TV? Today I will show you castle.

In the past, a lot of castles was founded to live and to fight. However, most of them was broken by enemies and became fewer as time went on.

At present, lots of people visit them as a sightseeing generally. You can see both outside and inside of them. It is very fun. There is a Hamamatsu castle near my home in Sizuoka. It has been just founded so that Ieyasu Tokugawa ,one of the famous generals, spent a time after he became older. It is just for living, not for fighting. Therefore, it is very small. when I was younger, I often went there to hang out with friends because there are many trees and many wild animals like squirrels. I guess that the reason why most of them are enclosed with many trees is to protect them from invasion of other regions.



This is Himeji castle in Hyogo. I took a photo during school trip. Nice view!!!! It is far larger than Hamamatsu one.





www.city.hamamatsu.shizuoka.jp/lifeindex/enjoy/park/parks/hamamatsujou/index.htm

This is Hamamatsu castle. Many people visit it every year.

I heard some people broke something of castle deliberately. I think these historical things are ought to be saved by us forever because we can learn and study the past through them. So, Do not hurt them intentionally.

No comments: