Matsuri is a Japanese festival. In the past, It was hold to thank god. It was important because people thought food, drink and nature were great blessing from god to them. At present, It is enjoyed as a entertainment by people, including young and adult and has many kinds each regions. Of course, My town,Hamamatsu, has
hamamatsu Matsuri, which is hold for 3 days on May.

I took this picture at Matsuri museum in Hamamatsu.
Above a picture is Yatai. People carry it and walk around the town, saying Esso, Esso.
I took this one at Matsuri museum. These are kites which are flown over sand hill at first and second days.
Sand hill. This is so beautiful isn't it?
what special festivals are there in your town?
5 comments:
I like Matsuri. However, I didn't go to Matsuri. I hope to go this year.
Thank you for your comment. I hope you go to Matsuri. There are many Matsuri around Osaka. It is fun!!
The matsuri museum on the picture looks so beautiful! But sand hill not so.
In my hometown, Niigata matsuri is very famous for its fireworks.
Very historical
Hamamatu is good!!Do you like this Maturi?? I'd like to go there!!
Post a Comment